Being a mom and homeschooling your kids can be a challenging task to do. We all want our best for our kids, and we always aim to give them everything to help them learn. But more than that, you still want to stay a happy mom to produce happy homeschooled kids. This does not mean you have to overwork and overschedule yourself and your children. As a mom, you have to take care of yourself, too. That is why in this article, we are going to give you some tips on how to make homeschooling easy and stay a glamorous homeschool mom.
- Remember to take a break – When it comes to homeschooling, a mom’s primary goal is to be able to teach their kids effectively. But in order to do this, you must also remember to take breaks because a rested mom who takes care of herself makes a happier mom. Plus, if you’re well-rested, you will be able to face the day stress-free. Remember to take a day off every once in a while, have a me-time where you can pamper yourself or be at peace with your own thoughts.
- Find support – We understand that balancing homeschooling and being a stay-at-home mom can be excruciating. But it really helps to know that you are not alone and that other moms are experiencing the same feelings that you have. That is why it is essential to find a support group or a community where you can vent out, ask questions, give advice, and be a cheerleader.
- Remember to keep it simple – Sometimes, the simple things make more sense. That is why you do not have to complicate things. This means that you can keep your routine homeschool simple, your lessons simple, your meals simple. It also helps your kids because it will be easier for them to adapt to different learning areas. Remember, the simpler, the better.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself – While you’re teaching your kids their lessons, do not forget to teach them how to be independent. You can make them checklists of the things that they need to accomplish so that can also help you with your task and make the time more efficient for the both of you.
- Make room to breathe – When you finish your homeschool work, you can have a playdate or take your kids to the park just for fun. Make time to enjoy your free time because this can also benefit your kids. Do not overwork them and give them some time to be kids since homeschooling can take a big part of your everyday lives. Remember to take some time off to chill and talk together.
- Do less but do it well – Sometimes, it’s okay to cut the extras. Do not overwork yourself and your kids by keeping up with several subjects a day. You can alternate your topics from Monday to Thursday and leave Fridays for fun subjects such as picture studies.
- Close the books when it gets stressful – To try and persist to continue homeschool when you and your kids are both distracted and stressed out is pointless. Do not feel guilty and just shake it off. You can just find something fun and educational to do, such as listen to an audiobook, play a board game, or even watch a documentary together. You can always pick up where you left the next day.
- Hug your kids more – One of the perks of homeschooling is that you do not have to leave your child. This is why it is an excellent opportunity to connect with them, even physically. You can give each other hugs and kisses when you get a task done. This will mean a lot not only to you but to your child, especially if their love language is physical touch.
- Do not compare – This is probably one of the most important things that a mom should remember when it comes to homeschooling children. Never compare yourself or your children to other homeschool moms. Always remember that you and your kids are unique, and your homeschool journey is ultimately yours. Focus on what you’re doing, and always remember the freedom to homeschool your children at their own pace.